Santa Clara Valley Ninety Nines
Flying Companion Seminar
Registration includes breakfast, lunch, all-day snacks & beverages and take-home class binder.
Saturday, August 26, 2017
8:30am to 4:00pm
At Trade Winds Aviation ~ Reid-Hillview (KRHV)
Check-in starts at 8:00; come early for coffee and donuts!
Flying Companion Topics include:
- Feelings About Flying: how to feel more comfortable in the cockpit
- Aerodynamics: how and why a plane flies
- Radio procedures: how to use the radios and about emergency frequencies
- Navigation: how to read charts and help navigate.
- Preflight: what is the purpose and how to do one on an actual airplane.
- Aviation Instruments: what those gauges can tell you.
- Checklists: what are they for and how can the passenger help with them.
- Medical Facts for Pilots
- Fun Places to Fly
Upon completion of this seminar, your companion will very likely enjoy flying more and will definitely be able to help you in the cockpit.